From the last few years, high protein diets have become a go-to for people trying to reduce weight. And the diet is very effective, not just in reducing weight but also helping in not gaining it back. What’s more, this nutrient helps you to maintain muscle mass and stay strong. It also protects you from various ailments. Therefore including this nutrient in your diet is important. Today, we will bring to you some of the most common sources of natural protein that you can take.
Natural Protein From Animals
These are the complete proteins that are derived from animals. They are called complete because they contain all the essential amino acids. Some of the main sources include the following.
- Chicken: Chicken especially the breast part is very rich in this nutrient. And it doesn’t contain a lot of fats too. If you are aiming to reduce weight, skinless chicken breast is great for your body. Almost 80% of the breast is only protein.
- Eggs: Another animal product rich in this nutrient is an egg. Taking eggs in breakfast is highly beneficial for your body. The eggs whites contain only protein. However, whole eggs also contain other essential nutrients which are good for the overall growth.
- Lean Beef: Almost 53% of lean beef is protein. Therefore it is a very important and rich source of this nutrient. It also contains other nutrients like vitamins.
- Fish: For this diet, you should consume a lot of fish. It is also rich in omega 3 fatty acids which helps in keeping away the bad cholesterol. Fishes like tuna are particularly recommended because they contain a very high amount of this nutrient with a very low amount of fat and carbohydrates.
- Milk: Another animal-based product rich in this nutrient is milk. It is rich in almost all nutrients and thus constitutes a balanced diet.
- Cheese and Yogurt: Milk-based products like cheese and yogurt are also very rich in protein. Cottage cheese is very high in this nutrient while being low on fat. Similarly, Greek yogurt is rich in this nutrient and low on fat. Hence, these products should be consumed for weight loss.
Plant-Based Natural Protein
These are also called incomplete proteins. This is because they don’t contain all the essential amino acids. Hence, you should contain a combination of various vegetables and nuts to get all the essential nuts. Some of these include:
- Nuts: Nuts like almonds, peanuts, walnuts, etc are very rich in protein. For a high protein diet, you should include these in your daily routine. They are also rich in other nutrients.
- Oats: The health benefits of oats are hidden from no one. These are one of the healthiest grains known to mankind. Oats are very rich in this nutrient along with various vitamins, minerals, and fibers.
- Vegetables: Broccoli contains a healthy amount of this nutrient. Along with that, it also contains vitamins, potassium, and fibers. It contains a higher protein content than any other vegetable. Another vegetable rich in this nutrient is Brussels sprouts.
- Quinoa: Another protein-rich grain is Quinoa. It is quite in demand these days. Many people consider it as a superfood due to its nutrient-rich properties.
- Lentils: If you are a vegan or vegetarian, you can get your share of protein from lentils. They are very healthy and tasty and rich in many nutrients.
For people who are into a lot of physical work, taking enough protein is very important. Hence along with the regular diet, you can take supplements like whey-based protein shakes that can help you to stay healthy and strong.
Protein is very important for our growth. And we can get it from various animal and plant sources. It is very effective in losing weight and maintaining muscle mass.